Proppa Toppa (we, our, us or Proppa Toppa) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy explains how we will collect, store and use any personal information about you so please read the following carefully. This policy relates to your use of this website and data gathered by telephone.
For the purposes of this policy data protection law means: (i) until 25 May 2018 the Data Protection Act 1998 and then (ii) from 25 May 2018 and unless and until it is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (iii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will comply with data protection law. Personal information we hold about you will be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
Proppa Toppa is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Information we collect
1. When you purchase from us at www.proppatoppa.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
2. If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
3. If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
4. Proppa Toppa and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.proppatoppa.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
5. All personal information is kept on a secure server.
How we use the information we collect
1.To process your order including delivery, payment and returns and manage your account.
2. Online account holders require an email address and password to access their account.
3. To communicate with you about our products and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time.
4. To monitor purchase history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products.
5. Any information we collect about customers' browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the Proppa Toppa website and the products and services offered to our customers.
6. To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
7. Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
We do not share, rent or sell any customer information to third parties for marketing purposes.
All customer payment details including card details are processed automatically within a secure environment by Sage Pay. All transactions made via Sage Pay are handled in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, a strict set of security guidelines for all organizations that accept or process card payments.
Why do we contact you?
If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our contact list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications.
1. When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
2. We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
3. If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
4. We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order.
5. Where you contact us via social media to make an enquiry, we may respond via the email you have provided when you placed your order.
6. For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update.
What are your rights?
Right of access - You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to email@example.com, or in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
Proppa Toppa, Fairfield Showroom, School Lane, St Martins, SY11 3BX
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We will without delay and within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
1. confirm what personal data we hold about you;
2. provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format if the request is made electronically.
3. provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Data portability – in addition to your access right you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) - You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or no longer necessary.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our online sign up form, when you create an account or during the checkout process. Simply tick the opt-in box at any of these stages.
Marketing communications may be sent by either electronically via email or physically through the post. If you have an online account you can choose your preferences for each or opt-in/opt-out.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
All Proppa Toppa customers have the choice to refine or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications or log into your account to change your preferences.
Third Party Sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SSL and Encryption
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
phone 01691 773752
You can also write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer